You've Done A Good Job
Posted: Feb 07, 2013
Desailly hails Appiah’s Black Stars
Ex-France captain Marcel Desailly has hailed Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah for building a young Black Stars squad capable of conquering Africa in just nine months.
The Black Stars played in the semi-finals of Africa Cup of Nations even though almost half of the squad are making their debut in Africa’s flagship football competition.
With the youngest squad in the competition Appiah has managed to steer the Black Stars to the last four with many of the players plying their trade in the Ghanaian top-flight.
Young players like Christian Atsu, Mubarak Wakaso, Rabiu Mohammed and Albert Adomah have stepped up to the plate in the absence of the likes Michael Essien, John Mensah, Andre Ayew and Sulley Muntari.
The performances of the young players in the absence of the big stars has attracted the attention of Desailly, who thinks Appiah has done a great job in the few months he has been in charge.
Desailly, who was considered for the post before Appiah was confirmed as the boss Black Stars, says Appiah has taken some excellent decisions since he was appointed.
Today on Complete Sports
- » Ugbade: Eaglets'll Start W/Cup Preparation In June (0 comments)
- » Lewis Hamilton Pimps Helmet With Cartoon Of Girlfriend And Dog For Monaco Grand Prix (0 comments)
- » Welcome to Anfield (0 comments)
- » 'Xavi: Jose's Truly the Special One (0 comments)
- » AKPALA, OGU, BABATUNDE STORM SUPER EAGLES CAMP (0 comments)
Most Recent Stories
- » Kano Pillars Thump Kaduna United 3-2, Reclaim Top Spot (0 comments)
- » Oduamadi Joins Eagles Thursday (0 comments)
- » Martins Promises More Sounders Goals (0 comments)
- » Kryvbas Reject Offer For Michael (0 comments)
- » OSUCHUKWU: I WANT TO WIN U-20 W/CUP WITH F/EAGLES (0 comments)
- » Sanogo: Arsenal is my Choice (0 comments)
- » Jovetic Set for £24.5m Arsenal move (0 comments)
There are no comments