YOBO WANTS TO EMULATE ‘94 EAGLES
Posted: Feb 09, 2013
Non - playing Super Eagles skipper Joseph Yobo says the current squad wants to emulate the class of 1994 by winning the eagerly anticipated African Cup of Nations final on Sunday against Burkina Faso.
‘’First of all, we have a lot of respect for the guys who won this competition in 1994, they are heroes back home. We cannot compare ourselves to them. We want to make our own history, we have our destiny in our own hands and I believe we can win this tournament on Sunday. We are capable, we have what it takes to win,’’ Yobo told afcononline2013.com.
Before the start of the tournament, there were speculations of unrest in the Eagles camp. These reports have been rubbished by the Fenerbahçe central defender.
‘’We are a united team, we have no issues. In our team, there is no space for people who seek personal glory, we are working as a team. If Joseph Yobo is on the bench, he has to give 100 per cent support to those on the field. I know my role in this team, Stephen Keshi (Nigeria coach) has told me what he expects from me,’’ Yobo said.
Should the Eagles win the cup on Sunday as widely expected, stand-in captain Enyeama has insisted that he would allow Yobo lift the prestigious trophy.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Suarez Threatens Super Eagles (0 comments)
- » FIFA Welcome Flying Eagles (0 comments)
- » Heartland Striker Akor Rates League First Round Highly (0 comments)
- » Oduamadi, Echiejile Lead In Confeds Players Ranking (0 comments)
- » Joseph: 'Eagles Shouldn't Give Uruguay Too Much Respect' (0 comments)
- » Turkey 2013: FIFA Deny Two Nigeria Officials Accommodation (0 comments)
- » David Luiz: Come Get Me! (0 comments)