Samassa says Nigeria Play like Brazil
Posted: Feb 09, 2013
Goalkeeper Mamadou Samassa compared Nigeria to Brazil after Mali were hammered 4-1 in the semi-final of the 2013 AFCON on Wednesday.
According to the Football411.com website, the Super Eagles’ power, speed and silky touches were just too much for the Eagles, who looked overwhelmed by the two-time AFCON champions.
Samassa admitted they were outplayed and compared Nigeria’s style of play to that of five-time World Cup champions, the mighty Brazil.
“I feel the team we played against was Brazil and not the Nigeria we used to know.
“From my post I was seeing more than 15 green shirts pouring forth against us and not the usual 10 players. They were strong, slippery, focused and pacy,” Samassa told SuperSport.
“We did our best. We heeded our coach’s instructions but they fell below what was needed to stop the Super Eagles.
“They were winning all the balls, pursuing us mercilessly each time we had the ball and their finishing was always on target and that was their major advantage.
“They have forwards that can transform the slimmest goal chances,” he concluded.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Standard Chartered Trophy 2013: Anti-climax Finish For Nigeria As Thailand Emerge Champions (0 comments)
- » Mikel Opts out Of Mexico Friendly (0 comments)
- » Yobo Eyes Turkish Cup Win With Fenerbahce (0 comments)
- » Thailand Win 2013 SC Trophy, Nigeria Are Also-ran (0 comments)
- » Beach Soccer Championship: Nigeria Draw Egypt, Civ, Libya (0 comments)
- » Davis Cup: Nigeria Coach Blames Injuries For Failure (0 comments)
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)