Palace Want Odemwingie On Loan
Posted: Feb 08, 2013
Crystal Palace have expressed an interest in taking Peter Odemwingie on loan until the end of the season.
Odemwingie’s future at West Brom is uncertain after his transfer deadline day decision to travel to QPR in a bid to push through a move to Loftus Road.
He turned up at QPR without the permission of West Brom only to be denied access to the club as the Baggies made it clear that he was there without their approval.
The 31-year-old has returned to training after being given a few days off following the transfer deadline day drama but reports on Thursday suggested that Crystal Palace were considering a loan move for the striker.
Manager Ian Holloway confirmed the Eagles had made an inquiry about his availability but he told a press conference that a deal was a long way off being reached.
“Someone contacted the chairman. I was asked if I would want him. I said yes,” Holloway said.
“I don’t think he’s a realistic target for us personally.”
Baggies manager Steve Clarke would be left short of attacking options if Odemwingie was to leave the club, but he may be forced into letting the Nigeria international go in a bid to ease the dressing room tension that have arisen as a result of his actions.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Namibia Coach Rues Players Poor Fitness Ahead Eagles clash (0 comments)
- » Mikel On Course To Reclaim Chlesea Playing Time (0 comments)
- » Eagles Face Adidas XI Monday (0 comments)
- » Moyes Eyes Thiago (0 comments)
- » Santos Reject Barca's €20m Neymar Bid (0 comments)
- » KESHI GIVES UP ON MIKEL (0 comments)
- » Chelsea Swoop On Yilmaz, Arda Turan (0 comments)
There are no comments