MOSES TRAINS AGAIN, EMENIKE WATCHES
Posted: Feb 10, 2013
Chelsea winger Victor Moses trained with the Super Eagles squad on Saturday at the Soccer City, venue of today’s 2013 Africa Cup of Nations final.
On the other hand, Emmanuel Emenike sat in the dugout and watched as his colleagues jogged and ran with the ball.
There were fears that both players could miss the final against Burkina Faso after they were forced off Wednesday’s semi-final against Mali with injuries.
The training session started at 6pm here and the first 15 minutes were open to accredited journalists.
Moses looked fit as he ran with the ball and showed no ill-effects of his injury, giving strong indications that he will play on Sunday.
However, Emenike looked on glumly as his teammates worked out and the diagnosis is not encouraging.
Although Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi insists there is no definite ruling on the players’ availability yet, Emenike is a huge doubt while Moses is almost certain to start.
A camp source told Complete Sports that the Nigerian contingent might be playing mind games.
“Emenike is suffering from a muscle strain and doesn’t look good but you never can tell,” the source said when Complete Sports said Emenike couldn’t possibly play after missing training a day to the big final. “You can see that Keshi keeps saying there’s no decision yet, so you could be surprised tomorrow (Sunday). He might be playing tricks on Burkina Faso.”
Emenike is joint-top scorer at AFCON 2013 with four goals, Moses has scored twice.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Namibia Coach Rues Players Poor Fitness Ahead Eagles clash (0 comments)
- » Mikel On Course To Reclaim Chlesea Playing Time (0 comments)
- » Champions League Final: Can Borussia Dortmund stop the Bayern Munich machine? (0 comments)
- » Eagles Face Adidas XI Monday (0 comments)
- » Moyes Eyes Thiago (0 comments)
- » Santos Reject Barca's €20m Neymar Bid (0 comments)
- » KESHI GIVES UP ON MIKEL (0 comments)
There are no comments