MBA SPEAKS ON CUP WINNING GOAL
Posted: Feb 11, 2013
Super Eagles match-winner Sunday Mba was elated after his goal proved enough to secure a 1-0 win over Burkina Faso and the Africa Cup of Nations.
The midfielder, who plays his club football for Warri Wolves in his homeland, volleyed home clinically five minutes before the break.
Wilfried Sanou threatened to level for the Stallions in the second period only to find goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama in top form, and Mba's strike ultimately clinched the Super Eagles' first title since 1994.
The 24-year-old said afterwards: "I'm so happy it is a dream come true. I don't know what to say.
"We really worked hard and we were looking forward to this day and I'm so happy for this.
"It will go a long way towards my career. This is my first time and I'm very happy. We gave all that we had."
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi followed in the footsteps of Egyptian Mahmoud Al Gohari by winning the competition as a player and as a coach.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Namibia Coach Rues Players Poor Fitness Ahead Eagles clash (0 comments)
- » Mikel On Course To Reclaim Chlesea Playing Time (0 comments)
- » Eagles Face Adidas XI Monday (0 comments)
- » Moyes Eyes Thiago (0 comments)
- » Santos Reject Barca's €20m Neymar Bid (0 comments)
- » KESHI GIVES UP ON MIKEL (0 comments)
- » Chelsea Swoop On Yilmaz, Arda Turan (0 comments)
There are no comments