KESHI DEDICATES AFCON CUP WIN TO NIGERIAN COACHES
Posted: Feb 11, 2013
Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has dedicated Nigeria's AFCON triumph to all Nigerian coaches.
“I have won the Cup for the nation. And I hereby dedicate this trophy to all Nigerian coaches praying for me. It’s not for me alone, I also hope other African coaches will win too'',he said and reveals Nigerians have not seen the best of his team yet.
“I still believe there is more to this team than what we have seen today and I am delighted that the boys were committed and really pushed hard to earn this success.”
In addition, the Super Eagles gaffer has set his sights on the Confederation Cup slated for June this year and appeals to Nigerians to be patient with the team.
“I look forward to the Confederation Cup and I believe it is a honour for Nigeria. Nigeria must also be patient with the team because they’ve just shown 80% of their potentials and the Confederation Cup will make our players better,” concludes the coach who has made history as the second man to win the AFCON trophy both as a player and a coach in addition to appluading Emmanuel Emenike for emerging the competiotion's top scorer. Meanwhile captain of Super Eagles, Yobo Joseph has declared that this year’s Nations Cup will be his last and feels happy winning the trophy to end his sojourn in beautiful fashion.
“I thank God for making us champions today. It’s a massive achievement and my dream of ending my last Nations Cup with the trophy has come to reality because I have given alot to Nigeria”,says Yobo.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Amata Makes IAAF Diamond League Debut In New York (0 comments)
- » 3SC Appoint Busari Substantive Coach (0 comments)
- » Kenya Replace Oliech With Agogo For Eagles Clash (0 comments)
- » Kenya Begin Preparation For Eagles Clash Monday (0 comments)
- » Yobo Relishes Turkish Cup Win (0 comments)
- » Ugbade: Eaglets'll Start W/Cup Preparation In June (0 comments)
- » Lewis Hamilton Pimps Helmet With Cartoon Of Girlfriend And Dog For Monaco Grand Prix (0 comments)
There are no comments