kanu Commends Keshi For Eagles Achievements
Posted: Feb 08, 2013
Nwankwo Kanu, former captain of the Super Eagles has said credit must be given to Coach Stephen Keshi for re-introducing the Nigerian football culture into the national team.
Kanu told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in the aftermath of the Super Eagles defeat of Mali, 4-1 at the semi-finals of the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations that ``Keshi is getting it right with the team.
``Nigeria is once again playing the type of football that put the Eagle among the football powerhouses in the African continent.
``The Nigerian culture and football is back and credit must be given to Stephen Keshi.
``May be it is because he is a local coach and understands our football culture as the players have responded well to the way he wants the game to be played,’’ Kanu said.
Kanu said that he hoped the current team would also emulate the class of 1994.
``We had an excellent team then that was built on unity and the undying love for our country.
''What I have seen so far, the boys are following in our footsteps.
``Playing for Nigeria is another thing, the players and the coaches are aware that a good display will see us winning the trophy,’’ Kanu said.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Standard Chartered Trophy 2013: Anti-climax Finish For Nigeria As Thailand Emerge Champions (0 comments)
- » Mikel Opts out Of Mexico Friendly (0 comments)
- » Yobo Eyes Turkish Cup Win With Fenerbahce (0 comments)
- » Thailand Win 2013 SC Trophy, Nigeria Are Also-ran (0 comments)
- » Beach Soccer Championship: Nigeria Draw Egypt, Civ, Libya (0 comments)
- » Davis Cup: Nigeria Coach Blames Injuries For Failure (0 comments)
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
There are no comments