ALGERIAN REFEREE TO OFFICIATE AFCON FINAL
Posted: Feb 10, 2013
Continental football governing body Confederation of African Football has appointed Algerian referee Djamel Haimoudi to officiate the African Cup of Nations final between Nigerian and Burkina Faso.
Djamel Haimoudi will be assisted by Morocco’s Redouane Achik and Jean-Claude Birumushahu from Burundi while Rajindraparsad Seechurn has been appointed as the fourth official.
At the ongoing tournament, Djamel Haimoudi refereed last Sunday’s game between the Super Eagles and Elephants without blemish.
42 - year - old Djamel Haimoudi is fluent in Arabic, English and French. Thus, he won’t have problems communicating with the Anglophone and Francophone players in the Nigeria and Burkina Faso squad.
He was assaulted last October by the President of Al Hilal when he officiated the CAF Champions League semi- final between the Sudanese club and Esperance of Tunisia.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Namibia Coach Rues Players Poor Fitness Ahead Eagles clash (0 comments)
- » Mikel On Course To Reclaim Chlesea Playing Time (0 comments)
- » Eagles Face Adidas XI Monday (0 comments)
- » Moyes Eyes Thiago (0 comments)
- » Santos Reject Barca's €20m Neymar Bid (0 comments)
- » KESHI GIVES UP ON MIKEL (0 comments)
- » Chelsea Swoop On Yilmaz, Arda Turan (0 comments)
There are no comments