Afolabi Backs Eagles For AFCON Trophy
Posted: Feb 08, 2013
Former Flying Eagles captain, Rabiu Afolabi, has tipped the Super Eagles for glory while praising the team for their excellent performance at the ongoing 2013 Africa Nations Cup in South Africa.
The coach Stephen Keshi tutored Eagles defeated Mali 4-1 to qualify for the final and will battle Burkina Faso on Sunday.
Afolabi who captained the Flying Eagles when they lost 3-1 to Seydou Keita led Mali during the 1999 FIFA World Youth Championship in Enugu, praised Joseph Yobo for leading the Eagles to victory against the West Africans.
“I want to congratulate my former teammate and captain Joseph Yobo and the entire Super Eagles for a splendid job against the Malians who broke our hearts in 1999."
“With what they have done so far, I see them lifting the trophy,” said Afolabi who recently launched his Educational Foundation.
The central defender who last played for the Eagles at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa however warned the players not to underrate the Burkina Faso team but approach them the same way they did against both Ivory Coast and Mali.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Amata Makes IAAF Diamond League Debut In New York (0 comments)
- » 3SC Appoint Busari Substantive Coach (0 comments)
- » Kenya Replace Oliech With Agogo For Eagles Clash (0 comments)
- » Kenya Begin Preparation For Eagles Clash Monday (0 comments)
- » Yobo Relishes Turkish Cup Win (0 comments)
- » Ugbade: Eaglets'll Start W/Cup Preparation In June (0 comments)
- » Lewis Hamilton Pimps Helmet With Cartoon Of Girlfriend And Dog For Monaco Grand Prix (0 comments)
There are no comments