Uche Kalu Doubtful For AFCON
Posted: Jan 05, 2013
A groin injury could well keep out Rizespor of Turkey striker Uche Kalu from the AFCON, officials have said.
MTNFootball.com gathered from the Eagles camp in Faro on Friday that the former Enyimba star striker has been sidelined by a groin injury he suffered in training and doctors are now working on him to decide his fitness.
“Uche (Kalu) is here in camp, but he is down with an injury, a groin injury to be precise. He is being checked by the team doctor to ascertain the seriousness of the injury,” team spokesman Ben Alaiya told MTNFootball.com
He was not listed for Wednesday’s warm-up against Catalonia because of the injury.
Uche Kalu is top scorer in Turkish second division by the end of first round of the season with nine goals.
Today on Complete Sports
- » Rangers Pip CS Sfaxien 1-0 (0 comments)
- » Kenya Star Dreams Eagles Downfall (0 comments)
- » NWOSU :EAGLES MUST CONCENTRATE ON THE TASKS AHEAD (0 comments)
- » ABS PLAN SHOCK PARTY FOR HEARTLAND (0 comments)
- » Nigerian Duo Missing In Kilmarnock’s Home Loss (0 comments)
- » Okwuosa bags N.8m, qualifies for play-off (0 comments)
Most Recent Stories
- » ISAH AKOR: I‘M GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY FOR SUPER EAGLES (0 comments)
- » OKOCHA BACKS NFF ON CUT MEASURES (0 comments)
- » Lewandowski Coy on Next Move (0 comments)
- » Wenger Wanted Becks (0 comments)
- » BESIKTAS LEAD IN ENERAMO CHASE (0 comments)
- » EMENIKE SET FOR FENERBAHCE RETURN (0 comments)
- » HULL SACK OLOFINJANA (0 comments)
There are no comments