Reuben Returns From Illness
Posted: Jan 05, 2013
Kano Pillars' midfield ace Reuben Gabriel is expected to return to training with the Super Eagles on Friday after an illness forced him out of the clash with Catalonia in midweek.
There were fears that the impressive midfielder might have had a relapse which resulted in his omission from the team's game on Wednesday but the player who is on the wish list of some European clubs has now recovered and should be ready to feature in the team's training on Friday after the trip back from Barcelona.
No, Reuben was sick and thankfully, he is back on his feat and will be training with the team on Friday evening. It has nothing to do with his ankle injury, Super Eagles' spokesman Ben Alaiya told futaa.com which had sought to know the condition of the player.
Reuben is rated as one of the most combative midfielders in the Super Eagles and his skills were expected to be put to huge test by the collection of superstar midfielders of the Catalonia side.
His club mate Papa Idris, who was also out of the team following a similar injury and made the preliminary squad did not play against the Catalonians as he was an unused sub.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Amata Makes IAAF Diamond League Debut In New York (0 comments)
- » 3SC Appoint Busari Substantive Coach (0 comments)
- » Kenya Replace Oliech With Agogo For Eagles Clash (0 comments)
- » Kenya Begin Preparation For Eagles Clash Monday (0 comments)
- » Yobo Relishes Turkish Cup Win (0 comments)
- » Ugbade: Eaglets'll Start W/Cup Preparation In June (0 comments)
- » Lewis Hamilton Pimps Helmet With Cartoon Of Girlfriend And Dog For Monaco Grand Prix (0 comments)
There are no comments