Rangers Keeper Raises Pillars Alarm
Posted: Jan 07, 2013
Rangers International newly contracted goalkeeper Akor Itodo has reckoned that Premier League title holders,Kano Pillars remains their biggest threat in winning the Super Four tournament which kicks off on January 9 in Kano.
Rangers were pipped to the title on the home-stretch last season and Itodo who joined the Flying Antelopes from El Kanemi after helping the Maiduguri based club to a return to the top-flight said Rangers are ready to take their pound of flesh by emerging champions.
“It’s going to be a very tough competition because all the four teams have quality players”, Akor pointed out.
“But I see Pillars as the major threat due to the fact that they have a very strong home support and they are very difficult to beat at home”, he added.
With fellow new recruit Chigozie Agbim away on international duty, Itodo who shunned offers from a top Camerounian club to join the foremost Nigerian Premier League club knows he could be in action and said he is eager to stop their rivals especially the hosts to aid Rangers win the pre-season tournament aimed at keeping the country's representatives in continental championships in top form due to the delay in the start of the Nigeria Premier League.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Neymar stars as Brazil Defeat Mexico (0 comments)
- » Federation Cup: Pillars, El Kanemi, Enyimba Win (0 comments)
- » Enugu Rangers Thump 3SC 2-0 (0 comments)
- » Pele: Bayern Not Best Club In Europe (0 comments)
- » Nigeria Vs Uruguay: The Die Is Cast! (0 comments)
- » FIFA CANCEL ECHIEJILE’S FIRST GOAL (0 comments)
- » How AC Milan Promoted Oduamadi (0 comments)
There are no comments