Ex Dolphins Captain Completes N4m Akwa United Switch
Posted: Jan 13, 2013
By Sab Osuji
Former Dolphins of Port Harcourt captain, Godwin Emmah has completed a N4m switch to modest Premier League side, Akwa United.
Emmah spent 12 seasons with the Port Harcourt side, winning four FA Cups and two Premier League titles with the club in the process.
He won the league trophy with Dolphins in 2004 and 2010/2011 seasons. Under his captaincy, Dolphins won the FA Cup in 2001, 2004, 2006 and 2007.
Emmah informs Complete Sports that after all the trophy successes he achieved in Dolphins, he had the desire to seek fresh challenges elsewhere.
The center-back is rated N4m by his former employers, Dolphins, and Akwa United are said to have sorted transfer issues with Emmah’s former employers, Dolphins.
“I needed a new challenge that’s why I left Dolphins at the end of 2011/2012 season”, the center-back said.
“And I feel Akwa United is the ideal place for me, hence I decided to join them and I hope to re-enact what we did at Dolphins here, that is helping them to win trophies”, he added.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Bayern Munich claim fifth European title (0 comments)
- » Enugu Rangers Vs Sunshine Sets Coal City Agog (0 comments)
- » Mikel Obi Confirms For June Qualifiers, Confederations Cup (0 comments)
- » FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN! (0 comments)
- » La Liga Return! (0 comments)
- » Getting Stronger (0 comments)
- » Not A Happy Ending (0 comments)
There are no comments