Court Stops Nembe City
Posted: Jan 09, 2013
As NFF Frees Apa United
Newly promoted Nembe City fc may not take part in the forth-coming Nigeria Premier League as a Kano based court has stopped Nigeria National League, NNL from forwarding the club’s name to the Premier League board for promotion.
Nembe City, which gained promotion to the top flight at the end of 2011/2012 NNL season was permitted to play in the last NNL season following the inability of Kano based Dalkat FC to register for the season, leading to its decision to sell its second tier league slot to the Bayelsa state based side.
But in an interim injunction in the case number K/470/2012, which was submitted to the secretariat of the NNL last week, the court, presided over by Justice W.A Omar, noted that following case instituted by the management of Dalkat Babes FC of Kano, challenging the legibility of the sale of the club, it has urged the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, and the Nigeria National League, NNL to stop further transactions with Nembe City FC, including forwarding its name as one of the promoted clubs to the NPL, pending the determination of the case, which was adjourned to 7th of January.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Bayern Munich claim fifth European title (0 comments)
- » Enugu Rangers Vs Sunshine Sets Coal City Agog (0 comments)
- » Mikel Obi Confirms For June Qualifiers, Confederations Cup (0 comments)
- » FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN! (0 comments)
- » La Liga Return! (0 comments)
- » Getting Stronger (0 comments)
- » Not A Happy Ending (0 comments)
There are no comments