Cooreman Won’t Make Title Promise
Posted: Jan 12, 2013
Gombe United coach, Maurice Cooreman, reckons his team have the talent to make an impact in the upcoming season, but that he would not make any promises.
He is also pleased with the progress his team has made since he joined them last year.
The Belgian tactician told supersport.com that he wants the club to play the kind of football the management and fans could be proud of, and then they see how it goes from there.
“I know most coaches in the league go about promising to do certain things or achieve certain targets, but that is not my style,” he said.
“All of them want to win the premiership title, but only one team will win in the end.
“Gombe United is my tenth club and we have put in a lot of effort to see we make a good impression next season.
“I met a settled team here and I brought in a few others to fortify the side; there is a good mix of youth and experience, and I’m satisfied with the attitude of the players.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Suarez Threatens Super Eagles (0 comments)
- » FIFA Welcome Flying Eagles (0 comments)
- » Heartland Striker Akor Rates League First Round Highly (0 comments)
- » Oduamadi, Echiejile Lead In Confeds Players Ranking (0 comments)
- » Joseph: 'Eagles Shouldn't Give Uruguay Too Much Respect' (0 comments)
- » Turkey 2013: FIFA Deny Two Nigeria Officials Accommodation (0 comments)
- » David Luiz: Come Get Me! (0 comments)
There are no comments