Shittu Tops Etuhu In England
Posted: Nov 25, 2012
Daniel Shittu was the happier of two Nigerians who faced each other on Saturday, when Millwall tackled Blackburn Rovers in an English Championship game.
Shittu and Dixon Etuhu were both part of the Super Eagles team that failed to get past hosts, Ghana, at the 2008 Nations Cup. And both had taken a step down to a lower division to revive flagging careers.
The two Nigerians were in action for 90 minutes of a closely fought game that was goalless at the half.
Chris Woods put Millwall ahead in the 72nd minute, and a very late James Henry goal secured victory for the surging Millwall side that has now gone 10 games unbeaten in the Championship.
The win means that Millwall jump into 6th place on the Championship log, while Blackburn, who lost their first home game since early October, drop to 9th.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Namibia Coach Rues Players Poor Fitness Ahead Eagles clash (0 comments)
- » Mikel On Course To Reclaim Chlesea Playing Time (0 comments)
- » Eagles Face Adidas XI Monday (0 comments)
- » Moyes Eyes Thiago (0 comments)
- » Santos Reject Barca's €20m Neymar Bid (0 comments)
- » KESHI GIVES UP ON MIKEL (0 comments)
- » Chelsea Swoop On Yilmaz, Arda Turan (0 comments)
There are no comments