OVER HOME LOSS
Posted: Jun 18, 2011
3SC head coach, Fatai Amoo has expressed regret over his side’s home defeat to traditional rivals, Enugu Rangers, in a Week 27 game on Sunday in the Nigeria Premier League (NPL).
Amoo told SuperSport.com that his side’s 0 - 1 loss at home to Rangers leaves a sour taste in the mouths of the coaches and players of the club.
“It’s a defeat that is regrettable for us at this club. Losing at home to our biggest rivals (Rangers) is painful. We didn’t go out with the intention to lose the game but unfortunately this has happened and we need to pick ourselves up for our next game,” he said.
Asked if playing behind closed door affected his team, Amoo explained that the trip to Plateau United, where they lost 0 - 1 on matchday 26, drained 3SC instead.
“One of the reasons we struggled against Rangers is due to fatigue. The players were exhausted from the trip to Jos. But we cannot give excuse for our failure or say because there were no fans in the stadium,” Amoo explained to SuperSport.com.
It was the first time the Oluyole Warriors will surrender all points at home this season.
3SC currently have 34 points from 27 games and occupy 13th position on the log.
Amoo’s side will travel to Port Harcourt to face Sharks in a Week 28 game.
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Standard Chartered Trophy 2013: Anti-climax Finish For Nigeria As Thailand Emerge Champions (0 comments)
- » Mikel Opts out Of Mexico Friendly (0 comments)
- » Yobo Eyes Turkish Cup Win With Fenerbahce (0 comments)
- » Thailand Win 2013 SC Trophy, Nigeria Are Also-ran (0 comments)
- » Beach Soccer Championship: Nigeria Draw Egypt, Civ, Libya (0 comments)
- » Davis Cup: Nigeria Coach Blames Injuries For Failure (0 comments)
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Moves In Chicken Advert (0 comments)
There are no comments