Mali 3 - 1 Ghana
Posted: Feb 09, 2013
Mali beat Ghana 3-1 in the third-place playoff in Port Elizabeth on Saturday night as the Eagles secured the Africa Cup of Nations bronze medal for the second tournament in succession.
Mahamadou Samassa put Mali ahead with a diving header in the 21st minute and Seydou Keita drew them further clear shortly after the break. Substitute Sigamaray Diarra buried the winner in second-half injury time.
Mubarak Wakaso blasted a penalty over the crossbar for Ghana in the 58th minute, and while Kwadwo Asamoah pulled a goal back with less than 10 minutes left, they were relegated to fourth place.
Mali had also edged the Black Stars to the bronze medal at last year's continental showpiece in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.
Image source: TNA
Today on Complete Sports
Most Recent Stories
- » Yobo Wins Turkish Cup, Nominated For Top Award (0 comments)
- » Kano Pillars Thump Kaduna United 3-2, Reclaim Top Spot (0 comments)
- » Oduamadi Joins Eagles Thursday (0 comments)
- » Martins Promises More Sounders Goals (0 comments)
- » Kryvbas Reject Offer For Michael (0 comments)
- » OSUCHUKWU: I WANT TO WIN U-20 W/CUP WITH F/EAGLES (0 comments)
- » Sanogo: Arsenal is my Choice (0 comments)